- Bithumb in turmoil, Binance’s 47K law requests, Axie players down 85%: Asia Expresson January 26, 2023
Our weekly roundup of news from East Asia curates the industry’s most important developments. Bithumb in turmoil On Jan. 25, Yonhap Infomax reported that South Korean authorities had requested an arrest warrant for Kang Jong-Hyun, chairman and owner of cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb, over embezzlement allegations. That same day, the Financial Investigation Second Division of the
- The legal dangers of getting involved with DAOson January 26, 2023
Buying DAO tokens? That’s no longer risk-free: Courts might consider you a partner in the business and judge you liable for millions in hacked funds. Another legal trap may be found simply working for a DAO — and implementing community decisions that turn out to be illegal in some far-flung jurisdiction. With many DAO communities
- How to mine Bitcoin at homeon January 26, 2023
To start mining Bitcoin at home, one needs to obtain a Bitcoin wallet and a mining rig, install the Bitcoin mining software, and join a mining pool.
- NFT creator: Amber Vittoria crushes it in her ‘Big Girl Pants’on January 25, 2023
Named on Forbes 30 under 30, Amber Vittoria made a big splash in the traditional art world and has since embraced NFTs, collaborating with The Hundreds, World of Women and as MoonPay’s ‘artist in residence.’ Pranksy is a fan and her work has notched up over 1,350ETH in secondary sales on OpenSea alone.
- What is a crypto index fund, and how to invest in it?on January 25, 2023
A crypto index fund is a type of investment fund that holds a basket of cryptocurrencies, similar to a traditional stock index fund.
- Reformed ‘altcoin slayer’ Eric Wall on shitposting and scaling Ethereumon January 24, 2023
Although he’s had a variety of jobs in the industry, including a stint as Arcane Asset’s chief investment officer, Eric Wall is probably best known for shitposting and arguing with people on Crypto Twitter. “Just like any other person, I’m scrolling my Twitter feed, and then you see people saying dumb shit that is incorrect,
- Amid crypto winter, central banks rethink in-house digital currencieson January 24, 2023
In recent months, four countries that had previously initiated major CBDC pilot programs have scrapped their adoption plans altogether.
- What is the Bitcoin Loophole, and how does it work?on January 24, 2023
Anyone can make money trading Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies thanks to Bitcoin Loophole, a well-known automated trading platform.
- Genesis files for bankruptcy, FTX explores a reboot, and Bitzlato news: Hodler’s Digest: Jan. 15-21on January 21, 2023
FTX will be the subject of a U.S. Senate hearing, authorities take HashFlare founders into custody and New York finalizes its PoW ban.
- Going cashless: Norway's digital currency project raises privacy questionson January 21, 2023
At this point, the test network for the Norwegian CBDC uses not the public Ethereum ecosystem, but a private version of the enterprise blockchain Hyperledger Besu.